DMV's guidelines for Obtain a New Jersey Motorcycle Permit.
You must be at least 17 years old to apply for a motorcycle permit.
To obtain a motorcycle permit and license:
- Visit any Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) Agency and complete the required application.
Present the completed form, your current New Jersey license (if you have one), and proof of
- Pay a $5 to fee to receive an examination permit. Study the Driver Manual, and Motorcycle
Manual. These handbooks contain the rules and regulations you need to study for the written
- Once you have studied the manuals, present your permit at any Driver Testing Center to take the knowledge and vision tests. The permit is valid for 90 days.
Motorcycle Examination Permit Restrictions
You are free to ride once you have your permit. You must, however, abide by the following restrictions:
- No riding on state toll roads or limited-access highways
- No riding from a half-hour after sunset to a half-hour before sunrise
- No passengers
Motorcycle License Road Test
Schedule your road test online; it must occur at least 20 days from the date your permit was validated. Note that very few road test locations offer motorcycle road tests.
If you pass a Motorcycle Safety Education Program course, your road test will be waived. Otherwise, report to the Driver Testing Center as scheduled with a registered, insured motorcycle to take the road test. You must be accompanied by a licensed motorcycle operator.
If you pass the road test, take your permit and road test slip to any MVC Agency as soon as possible. There you will be issued a motorcycle license. A stand-alone motorcycle license costs $24.
Once you have studied the manuals, present your permit at any Driver Testing Center to take the written knowledge test and the vision test. After you complete them successfully, you'll be issued a permit for practice driving during daylight hours without supervision.
You may then schedule your road test online.
If you pass the road test, take the permit and road test slip to any MVC Agency as soon as possible to obtain a photo moped license for $6. Note that your moped license must be surrendered when you apply for a basic automobile license, which allows you to operate mopeds as well as cars.
Research Motorcycle Training for Wayne, NJ.
MOTORCYCLE RIDING CENTERS, INC.
The Fast Way to Feel Comfortable on the Road! Get your license at Motorcycle Riding Center, Inc. where your safety is top Priority.
Motorcycle Riding Center, Inc. Offers:
- A Basic Riders Course for The License
- An Experienced Riding Course
- 3 Wheel Basic Riding Course for The License
- Private Lessons
- One on One On the Road Training
Be Sure to Mention you were Referred by Indian Motorcycle Wayne.